Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 7.6.2 and the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset

2011-08-19 11:28:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.6.2 and the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:26:35 -0400
> You could move the Lotus Domino service off of E:\ to solve your
> problem.

Doubt it. I never set E:\Lotus\Domino as a VSS system file; it must have
done that when it installed. If so, then moving the data store will simply
change the entry in the system files (probably).

> If this drive and the Lotus service(s) were not protected,
> then there is no way to complete a BMR recovery of the server, there
> would be issues with Lotus.

I could re-install Windows, re-install Domino/Notes to same drive; do a
standard recovery of the E: drive. Domino doesn't make a whole lot of use
out of the registry; everything is in their own self-contained files.
Pretty much the old fashioned way (i.e., the way it used to be with NW
7.5.2), and I'd still be able to do my FULL backups and AFTD storage
without needing multiple TBs of free space. This was never an issue with
7.5.2; it only started with 7.6.2. So it's the way the DISASTER_RECOVERY:
saveset works, since the VSS SYSTEM WRITER never used to save 300+G when I
was running 7.5.2.