Networker

Re: [Networker] Error backing up DISASTER_RECOVERY: on Win2008 client

2011-08-12 13:54:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error backing up DISASTER_RECOVERY: on Win2008 client
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:52:58 -0400
> Yes, we have seen this before.  We have a special check in the DR
> backup to make sure the VSS System Writer is present and working on
> the system. Please run the command "vssadmin list writers" to check
> if the System Writer is in the list.  If not, you will need to
> contact Microsoft as it's a Windows issue with a core VSS writer.

No, as I say, it's not there. However, I spoke to my boss, who told me
this client is "hosed" (I guess that's a technical term :-)). So we're
just looking for a consultant to help us migrate that server to a new one
(it's a Lotus Sametime server). So we're not going to worry about it,
until we get the new machine running.

Thanks

Service\trustedinstaller:(F)"