Networker

Re: [Networker] Error backing up DISASTER_RECOVERY: on Win2008 client

2011-08-12 12:29:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error backing up DISASTER_RECOVERY: on Win2008 client
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:28:35 -0400
> This is a known problem that happens when some Microsoft "automatic
> updates" are applied. This article has some details on how to repair
> the problem. You will need to take ownership of some files and repair
ACLs.

> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsbackup/
> thread/bb760434-de80-4cb6-ae9e-bd253e4b037c
>
> After doing this you can run "vssadmin list writers" and the System
> Writer should be included in the list.

Thanks. Tried that. Unfortunately, I still do not see a "System Writer" in
the list of VSS writers. Did this (ran it as a shell script):

Takeown /f %windir%\winsxs\filemaps\* /a
icacls %windir%\winsxs\filemaps\*.* /grant "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(RX)"
icacls %windir%\winsxs\filemaps\*.* /grant "NT
Service\trustedinstaller:(F)"
icacls %windir%\winsxs\filemaps\*.* /grant BUILTIN\Users:(RX)
net stop cryptsvc
Net start cryptsvc

Still no "System Writer" ...