Networker

[Networker] verify part of old saveset

2011-08-08 13:08:29
Subject: [Networker] verify part of old saveset
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 10:07:46 -0700
There are 2 obvious issues ...

  -  You obviously do not have the proper privileges according to these
messages:
9714:nsrinfo: cannot start session with server benamsubck1
39078:nsrinfo: File index error: permission denied, `bckossbe' on `benamsubck1'
must have the 'Operate NetWorker' privilege.

  -  Is this a NDMP backup media?
     At least the volume name "NAS203" indicates this.
     If so, you will not be able to scan the volume and retrieve the file index
info (scanner -i) - only 'scanner -m' can be successful. This would be due to
the NDMP format which does not have the emdedded CFI information.

My suggestion is to recover the backup to a temp directory using save set
recovery copy the files from here.