Networker

[Networker] Manual clone using more than 1 tape drive?

2011-08-08 12:46:56
Subject: [Networker] Manual clone using more than 1 tape drive?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:47:29 -0400
NW 7.6.2 (finally! :-))

I am doing a manual clone, from NMC. I select the savesets I want, I
choose the pool I want to clone to, and off it goes. But it seems to do it
serially - i.e., it's only writing to one tape in that pool, even though
the pool is configured to use multiple tape drives. Being a large clone,
writing to more than 1 tape at a time will be a real help.

Is there a way for a manual clone to use more than 1 tape device at a
time? (the way a normal backup job can use multiple tapes in multiple
drives)

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM