Networker

[Networker] How to do a differential recover?

2011-07-15 08:21:41
Subject: [Networker] How to do a differential recover?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:21:49 -0400
I apologize for the newbie question; been a long day already. If I wanted
to do a recover of just the files that had changed since the last full
backup, then all I would need to do a regular recover, but set the options
to "Discard Recovered File" under "Duplicate File Resolution". And have
access to a level 1 backup made since the last full backup. Then the only
files overwritten will be the files changed; if the file is the same, NW
effectively skips over it.

It's as simple as that, right?

--
Michael Leone