Networker

Re: [Networker] Using a NW 7.6.2 client with a 7.5.2 server?

2011-06-29 11:34:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Using a NW 7.6.2 client with a 7.5.2 server?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:34:07 -0400
> The new NetWorker 7.6SP2 Client is backward compatible to NetWorker
> 7.5 servers, here is the support statement in the Administration Guide.
>
> "To support Windows Disaster Recovery on a NetWorker client, the
> minimum required NetWorker server and NMC Console versions are 7.5
> SP3 and 7.6 SP1."

So in other words, I'll get all the same benefits and limitations as using
the 7.5.2 client? I understand that, and can live with it, for the next
2-3 weeks until I can upgrade the server, for full support.

I really want and need that "Windows Disaster Recovery" feature, but can't
upgrade the server right now. Soon, soon ...