Networker

[Networker] VSS backup error, NW 7.5.2

2011-06-27 14:37:42
Subject: [Networker] VSS backup error, NW 7.5.2
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:38:43 -0400
I am seeing this error, on one of my Win 2008 (not R2)  NW 7.5.2 clients:

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ savegrp: suppressed 1 lines of output.
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ System Writer - Get file attributes
returned error 2 for VSS file
\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy8\windows\inf\oem26.inf
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ System Writer - Error saving file path
C:\windows\inf\oem26.inf that is associated with Shadow Copy path
\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy8\windows\inf\oem26.inf. The
system cannot find the file specified.
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ System Writer - ERROR: Failed to save
FileGroup files, writer = System Writer
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ System Writer - Error saving writer
System Writer
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ System Writer - ERROR: Aborting backup
of saveset VSS SYSTEM FILESET: because of the error with writer System
Writer.
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ System Writer - Error saving
* dctrdev017:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ 7162:save: save of VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\
to admnman004.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov failed

That file (oem26.inf) doesn't exist anywhere on the client, that I can
see. And web searches haven't yielded any sort of definitive "Do *this*,
to resolve or even make this error go away".

I realize it is a bit OT, but has anyone seen a similar issue, and how to
resolve it?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM