Networker

Re: [Networker] Best version to migrate from 7.5.3?

2011-06-15 11:53:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Best version to migrate from 7.5.3?
From: Manel Rodero Blanquez <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:51:17 +0200
Hi Stan,

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have a meeting with my colleagues tomorrow for deciding if we go for sure (7.6.1) or we try the new 7.6.2 (we've enrolled 7.6.2 RA program and downloaded soft/docs).

Our environment is very simple: 1 server using Win 2008 + 75 clients using Linux, Solaris and Windows. We don't have storage nodes, nor we're using an extensive use of clones (we're of the old school). So probably the best feature for us will be the new disaster recovery for Windows and the new API for backing up virtual machines.

Well, who knows what we will be doing ...

By the way, If you run 7.6.1 as the server, why do you run 7.6.2 clients? (I always thinked that was not recommended to have clients with a newer version than server, or am I wrong?).

Thank you.