Networker

[Networker] Scanning tapes and client id issues

2011-06-13 06:40:54
Subject: [Networker] Scanning tapes and client id issues
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:38:52 +0100
As part of a migration of savesets from an M1800 library to an SL500 library I am scanning the SDLT600 tapes. The same client names exist in the M1800 savesets and the SL500 savesets but they have different client ids. Running the command:

/usr/sbin/nsr/scanner -m rd=backup:/dev/rmt/3cbn

The tape is scanned and the media indexes rebuilt - the 'new' clients are created with the M1800 client ids - automatically it looks like - in the form:

SL500 myclient (has 'new' clientid)
M1800 ~myclient-1 (has M1800 client id)

These 'new' clients show if I check the savesets for a tape but I can't see them in the GUI under configuration -> clients - something to do with the '~' character preceeding the name? As Yaron suggested I can manually create the M1800 clients using the M1800 client ids but is the scanner command doing this for me? I just can't see them? How can I get to list them?

Should I also use scanner -i ?

Thanks for your help.

Paul