Networker

Re: [Networker] SL500 tape library issues

2011-05-25 11:09:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] SL500 tape library issues
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:07:56 +0100
Thanks for your reply Bingo

I have disabled the two LTO5 drives - was planning on using them as LTO4 drives initially as they can read/write LTO4 tapes?

Anyway this has enabled me me to do a full inventory of the tapes in the library. I will look into the S/W upgrade.

In the meantime I am stumped by the authentication errors -:

recover command started on Wed 25 May 2011 10:52:20 AM BST

Recovering 1 file into its original location
Total estimated disk space needed for recover is 1896 KB.
Requesting 1 file(s), this may take a while...
53363:recover: Recover of rsid 18338 failed: Authentication failed or no valid authentication methods supported by both client and server
Permission denied
52973:recover: Didn't recover requested file ./legato_ADMIN.pdf

Received 0 file(s) from NSR server `backup2'
Recover completion time: Wed 25 May 2011 10:52:21 AM BST

recover command completed successfully on Wed 25 May 2011 10:52:21 AM BST

Thanks

Paul