Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrstage help!

2011-04-28 17:42:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrstage help!
From: "Gold, Roberta J." <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:41:49 -0700
I have been using nsrstage for years with no problem. Only difference is
that I put the '-m' option first ...

    nsrstage -m -b <pool> -S -f <ssid file>

Also, with nsrstage the pool does not have to be a clonepool ...

On 4/28/11 2:33 PM, "Mathew Harvest" <Mathew.HARVEST AT COMMUNITIES.QLD.GOV DOT

wrote:

> Hey ... sorry just more questions
>
> What OS are you using
> If you are using solaris/linux what shell/script are you using
> What is the name of the pool that you are trying to stage too, does it have
> any non-alpha numeric characters in it, including spaces?
> What is the format of your input file
>
> If  this command
> nsrstage -v -b "clonepool" -m -S -f <inputfilename>
>  is returning an error saying I must specify one of either -m or -C  and this
> command
> nsrclone -v -b "clonepool" -m -S -f <inputfilename>
> is returning an error saying the volume named does not exist
>
> then  I'd say the command line is getting truncated for some reason ...
>
> if you're not already doing so, just try running the command from the command
> line - if you have the tools try and capture the command line that is being
> executed, ie on solaris /usr/ucb/ps -auxwww | grep nsr
> remove any options from the command line that aren't necessary, like -v and
> instead of using an input file specify a single saveset
> if the pool name has spaces then place quotes around the name, if not remove
> the quotes
> and a real long shot, make sure that you aren't using any weird Unicode
> versions of - or " ... if you've copied the command line from a webpage or
> something, you might have picked up something nasty ...
>

> Mat.

Roberta Gold
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Integrated Computing and Communications