Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrading server OS and NW version at the same time, re-using same hardware and server name

2011-04-21 03:17:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading server OS and NW version at the same time, re-using same hardware and server name
From: Eric Fabulus <efabulus AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 07:16:20 +0000
Hi

No and no

There is a clear procedure on powerlink you should look for but basically :

1) don't try to change the networker software version during this, do it before
or after
2) don't forget that there are still some little things that don't work wit
64bits like dasadmin
3) you need to reinstall networker with a dummy name because once the clientid
are set for the server you cannot change it so start with server A, backup
everything, bootstrap and so on, install server B with new os Win 2008R2 than
create client A with sameclientid than on previous installation, than rename
server B to server A than recover.

Networker 7.6 SP2 will only be available on Restricted Access from this friday.
There is no full release date yet.

Kind regards