Networker

[Networker] Tape to tape copy between M1800 & SL500?

2011-04-18 08:30:59
Subject: [Networker] Tape to tape copy between M1800 & SL500?
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:27:19 +0100
Hi all

We have a Quantum / ATL M1800 Tape Library which is rapidly approaching its end of life.____There are 4 SDLT600 drives in the M1800 library.

We are looking to clone or copy the savesets from the SDLT600 tapes to a Sun SL500 Tape Library with four LTO-4 and two LTO-5 tape drives and wondering what would be the best way to do this.

The two tape libraries are attached to separate servers -- could the saveset clone or copy be kicked off in some way across the two servers?I guess the libraries could not be 'physically' connected directly owing to compatibility issues.

Shooting in the dark a bit here -- any comments/thoughts greatfully appreciated!

Thanks

Paul
__