Networker

[Networker] Upgrade Networker 7.5.1 to 7.6.1 on Windows 2008

2011-04-11 15:20:17
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade Networker 7.5.1 to 7.6.1 on Windows 2008
From: viteos <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:18:31 -0700
I am fine in waiting for 2-3 week till SP2 comes out. Till then I will prepare
the steps I need to take for upgrading.

I need to completely reinstall as I have very less space in C drive. I also
needd to upgrade the firmware of the server and the taper drive attached to the
Networker server. I downloaded the procedure generator but could not understand
anything.

I want to know:
1) What all I need to back up before proceeding to format the server
2) What are the commands I need to run to back up the database, index and other
things
3) Will I be able to restore data from the tapes on which data is backed up
using 7.5.1 version
4) Do I create a new database after installation

Sorry for asking all silly question like a dumb man. Its because I don't need
to take any chances before and after upgrading.

Thanks