Networker

Re: [Networker] jobsdb nsrladb cleaning and index save hung

2011-04-04 12:06:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] jobsdb nsrladb cleaning and index save hung
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:00:16 -0400
On 4/4/11 11:38 AM, tbirkenbach wrote:
> Some of my savegroups seem to "hang" on index saves.  In reading here and the
> EMC forums, a general recommendation comes up to "clear the cache" from time
> to time and to delete or rename on the NetWorker server /nsr/res/jobsdb and
> /nsr/res/nsrladb.  I think I understand what's in jobsdb, no so much on
> nsrladb.
>
> Can anyone tell me the importance of these directories and what impact it
> would have on NetWorker in deleting or renaming them?
> Any guesses as to whether or not this would fix an intermittent problem with
> index saves hanging?

/nsr/res/nsrladb is critical to the operation of networker and should
absolutely not be renamed
or deleted (except during a disaster recovery process).

What I do monthly is move /nsr/res/jobsdb and /nsr/tmp aside and have networker
make a new one
after my maintenance day is finished.

You don't say what version of networker you are running, so any ideas about why
your indexes
are hanging would be complete speculation on my part.  There have been a lot of
discussions on
this list (and fixes released from EMC) for savegrp hanging on indexes ... I
think they are for
7.6.