Networker

Re: [Networker] Does Networker rely on MS SQL for its database?

2011-04-04 09:43:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Does Networker rely on MS SQL for its database?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 09:42:42 -0400
Bet him a raise over it... If you remove it and nothing bad happens for
30 days, you get a raise!, otherwise ask him what 'evidence' he has that
Networker Server 'requires' any third party database ???

FYI - Networker is developed and maintained on a Solaris platform, not a
Microsoft platform... So MS-SQL has absolutely nothing to do with
Networker Server other than it's just another 'application' to be backed
up as far as Networker is concerned...

He's probably thinking of Backup-Exec, which does use embedded MS-SQL to
keep track of its backup jobs and other statistics...  Whatever the
other software was that depended on the database, it should have removed
that dependent database when it was un-installed...