Networker

[Networker] Question about long distance backup tuning

2011-03-30 08:53:32
Subject: [Networker] Question about long distance backup tuning
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:49:24 -0400
We have been tasked with backing up servers from University of Southern
California and the College Of Charleston. I work for Clemson University and we
are backing up servers in both of these locations. it is taking a tremendous
amount of time to get the full's completed. We have someone whom is looking
into the host side setting of our Solaris 10 backup server. I was curious if
there are any legato specific settings that will help with the fine tuning of
backing up data from great distances. We are running Legato 7.5.3 on Solaris
10. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and have a
great day.