Networker

[Networker] How often do you replace tapes?

2011-03-17 15:05:39
Subject: [Networker] How often do you replace tapes?
From: GustavoX <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:03:51 -0700
We need to design a policy for tapes replacement.
At the web I founded a recomendation for  LTO4 media.
It must be replaced after 250 full backups.

So My idea it's to use the "recycled" counter as a limit (250) to mark a tape
ready for replacement.

Is it correct, please what do you think about IT?

Thank you very much!

Gustavo. Uehara