Networker

Re: [Networker] Another reporting question

2011-03-09 11:44:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Another reporting question
From: Aaron Sakowski <dirtrin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:43:57 -0500
nsradmin should be able to get all of this information.  It will take a few
iterations, though.  My preference is to get a list of enabled groups:
printf "show name\nprint type: nsr group; autostart: enabled\n" | nsradmin
-i -

>From that list, I would query all the clients in each group for the client
side settings:
printf "show name; saveset; directive\nprint type: nsr client; group:
$GROUP\n" | nsradmin -i -

Using some scripting and parsing, I could then get into the details of the
schedules or directives or many of the other resource fields. For example,
if I wanted display the name, saveset, schedule and group of every client
assigned to an active savegroup, I would do something like this.
(definitely not syntactically correct for any scripting language)

GROUPS = printf "show name\nprint type: nsr group; autostart: enabled\n" |
nsradmin -i -
For Each GROUP_NAME in GROUPS; Do
  printf "show name; saveset; schedule; group\nprint type: nsr group:
GROUP_NAME\n" | nsradmin -i -
Done