Networker

[Networker] Can not backup up cluster resources after moving cluster resources from one cluster group to another cluster group (MS)

2011-02-24 10:01:04
Subject: [Networker] Can not backup up cluster resources after moving cluster resources from one cluster group to another cluster group (MS)
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:00:20 -0500
Having same problems with 2 different clients. I have a MS cluster
(Win2003), and the cluster has a cluster group defined, with cluster
resources defined like network name, drive letter, etc. I have Networker
installed on network name cluster resources as a separate client (ex:
PSFILE1). In fact, I have 2 cluster groups, set up this same way - each
group had its own network name, IP, and drive letter. This has been
working well - I installed the Networker client on each of these network
name cluster resources (which appears as a separate client)., and backup
accordingly. This has been working for years.

This past weekend, we moved these cluster resources (the network name
PSFILE1 and it's own associated drive letter, P:) from one cluster group
to the other (this other cluster group already has a network name and it's
own Networker client, PSSQL1, which had it's own drive letter S):. So what
I ended up with is a single cluster group with 2 network names - PSSQL1
and PSFILE1, and 2 drive letter resources, P: and S:.

 And now I am unable to back up PSSQL1 at all - I get "Nothing to save",
which is incorrect. Data has certainly changed on the drive letters
associated with PSSQL1. NOTE: I can still back up the original PSFILE1
client, but I need to delete that client, to free up licenses.

Stopping and starting services on PSSQL1 doesn't help. Will I need to
uninstall and re-install the Networker client on PSSQL1? Reboot it? (which
I can't do until the weekend, this being one of our mission critical
database servers)

We did this same consolidation procedure on 2 separate clusters, and I am
getting the same error on both - "nothing to back up".

Waiting to hear back from EMC now.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM