Networker

[Networker] Hanging RMAN backups

2011-02-24 02:11:22
Subject: [Networker] Hanging RMAN backups
From: saikumar <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 00:55:35 -0500
Hi All,

I came across some strange behavior of RMAN backups being hung after hit with a
media error. Even though there are no writing sessions active, the RMAN still
says its trying to back up and the client hangs on the group untill i go and
abort it. The RMAN log doesnt say any error because its hung. To be very clear,
from the RMAN script after allocating channel the during the backup command the
backup is hanging and channels are not released from RMAN end.

Is there a way out for this problem. What things can i check from backup
software end and from the DB end?  I use NetWorker 7.2 and the 4.1 for nmo.

Thanks,
Sai