Networker

[Networker] Help with nwrecover

2011-02-18 11:24:24
Subject: [Networker] Help with nwrecover
From: Stu Duncan <stu AT UNAVCO DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:12:50 -0700
I've installed Networker 7.5.3.2 on a Solaris 10 Sparc box.

Everything works fine in terms of backing up the clients (Windows boxes).

However, when I try to run nwrecover from either the NMC or the command line I
get errors.

>From the command line:
czar /usr/bin # ./nwrecover -s czar
Error: Can't open display: :0.0

>From the NMC, when I try to start Networker Recover:
The user program you are trying to run (nwrecover) is either not installed on
this computer, or is not in your path.

>From the command line error, I'm sure it's just a setting/environment config,
>but I've looked around in the software, install & admin guides, and on google
>and can't find anything.  export DISPLAY=localhost:0 or export DISPLAY=<ip
>addr>:0 doesn't work. ssh -x root@czar doesn't work either.

Any suggestions on where to look, what to fix?

Thanks,

Stu Duncan
Facility Systems Administrator
UNAVCO, Inc.