Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 7.5.3.2/4 doesnt like unmounted drives

2011-02-16 09:50:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.5.3.2/4 doesnt like unmounted drives
From: Tom Birkenbach <tom.birkenbach AT WMICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:49:11 -0500
I don't regularly post and often forget to quote the original message.
Sorry for the confusion... Original post listed at bottom of this message.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:14:01 +0000, Davina Treiber
<Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK> wrote:

>On 15/02/11 15:15, tbirkenbach wrote:
>> I've been waiting to see if anyone replies to this post as I have this
same thing happening on a few of my clients.  If you or anyone has any
insight to share on this issue, please do.

=====================
Sent: 10 Dec 2010 12:35

We have been chasing a VSS error on one of our Windows Server 2008R2 AD
Domain Controllers. We
were getting the messages:

VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ VSS SYSTEM FILESET: ERROR:
VSS failed to add comps in pre save, writer=System Writer,
error=0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.
C:\ ERROR: VSS failed to initialize for
directives, error=0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.

The server is Linux 64-bit running 7.5.3.2. The client was originally
running 7.5.2, but we
upgraded it to 7.5.3, and then 7.5.3.4 with no relief. The system
administrator finally
noticed that the D:\ drive had gone offline. While this didn't present any
problem for Windows
running nor for WSB to make backups, NetWorker fell apart.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a known problem? Does it already have a
hotfix?

Thanks,

--
Frank Swasey | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
Sr Systems Administrator | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,