Networker

[Networker] Freeing up a client license?

2011-02-09 19:15:49
Subject: [Networker] Freeing up a client license?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:13:27 -0500
Is there any way to free up a client license but still keep the nsr client resource(s)? I don't have to do it. Just curious.

Normally, I'd simply remove the nsr client resource(s), and that would do it.

For laughs, I tried simply unchecking 'Scheduled backup', plus any selected groups, but 'nsrlic' still reports the client as using a license. Maybe I'd have to restart Networker?

We do have a couple of client resources that are not listed under 'nsrlic', so they don't count toward our license count, but their indexes do exist under /opt/nsr/index. However, the 'Client OS type' and 'NetWorker version' fields are empty. I'm guessing that's why they don't count. Perhaps, I re-created them at one point, using the same clientid as before, and because they hadn't been backed up again, NetWorker didn't populate these fields?

George

--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210