Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade to 7.6 series or 7.5, for Win2008 R2 support

2011-02-09 16:17:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade to 7.6 series or 7.5, for Win2008 R2 support
From: michael.jones2 AT EMC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:12:48 -0500
The NetWorker best practice is to not install a new NetWorker version on top of
a previous one (on Windows).  We advise customers to remove the software first
(leaving the databases in place) then upgrade (particularly if the NMC server
is also the NW server).   Lastly there were code changes made in 7.6.x to
automatically add the enabler code upon upgrade so what they will need to do is
get the code authorized before it expires.

All this is covered in the NetWorker Procedure Generator, we would recommend
you use it to get the steps and requirements that are tailored for your
specific configuration.

Waiting for NW76SP2 which will release soon may be your best bet.