Networker

Re: [Networker] How to delete a client file index?

2011-02-07 15:18:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to delete a client file index?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:17:52 -0500
On 02/07/11 07:59, Tim Cassidy wrote:
I wrote a script that mminfo's all the SSID's for the client you want to delete
and then it
Issues a  (nsrmm -d -s servername -y -S ssid). Once this is done I delete the
client from Networker and
Also remove the index entry from the index folded.

Thanks. I'm actually not interested in removing the media database entries, however, just the client index directory itself on disk as well as all the resources in nmc. Seems easy enough, but wasn't sure if the 'nsrck -R - Y' command needed to be done before or after removing the client resources or if it even matters. Still seems unnecessary to even bother using the nsrck command when a *very* careful 'mv' command (say, to somewhere safe outside of /opt/nsr/index), followed by an 'rm -rf client' would do.

Then again, perhaps the whole reason to use the nsrck command is that this might obviate the need to shut down NW first? Doubt the command would work if NW was already down?

George

Hope this helps.