Networker

[Networker] DELL TL2000 Tape Library keeps on disabling itself

2011-02-04 11:14:11
Subject: [Networker] DELL TL2000 Tape Library keeps on disabling itself
From: ronniemartin morales <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:12:29 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering why my DELL TL2000 keeps on disabling each time I try to
enable it(Please note that I have two TL2000 attached to my server. One is
enabled and the other one is not). Here's what I did:

1.On Networker Administration, I clicked on Devices.
2.I collapsed my Networker server,Libraries, and then I right clicked my TL2000
and clicked Properties.
3.Under General Tab, on Status section, I chose Yes on Enabled option buttons.
 NOTE: Ready check box is grayed out(disabled).
4.I clicked OK button.

I've noticed on Library Pane(right pane),my both of my TL2000 are now enabled,
but one of them are not ready.

When I looked at:

1.Monitoring Tab
2.Under Alerts, it prompts:

Please remove [email protected] from Networker if it permanently disconnected.
The [email protected] is either skipped as requested(due to hardware problem) or no
longer connected to the storage node.

Tape Library with ready checked is [email protected]; Tap Library with ready
unchecked is [email protected] control port.

Also, at some point in time, autochanger changes to disabled each time I set it
to enabled.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bet regards,

Ronnie Morales
Integra Business Processing Solutions, Inc.