Networker

Re: [Networker] Weird number for sessions

2011-02-01 23:19:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Weird number for sessions
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:18:25 +1100
Dave,

On 02/02/2011, at 12:15 , Werth, Dave wrote:

> We recently installed a NetWorker 7.6.1 server, upgrading from 7.5.1 but it
> was a clean install on a new server with configuration data copied from the
> old server.
>
> I've had a number of problems that I'm working through but one weird thing is
> that number of sessions is listed as 2147483647 (2^31 - 1) most of the time.
> Does anyone have an explanation for that?

I believe it's a known issue, and is actually at the device message level,
rather than being say, an NMC bug. (I.e., if you use nsradmin you'll see the
same odd number of sessions reported.)

It's a damnably odd bug - it doesn't always manifest, particularly with more
recent builds of 7.6 SP1 - e.g., in 7.6.1.2 it  may appear depending on the
drive type and the number of actual sessions. I do believe though that the
lower the actual running sessions to a device, the more likely the
mis-reporting will occur.

Cheers,

Preston.

--