Networker

[Networker] Windows 2008 R2 ISCSI

2011-01-27 04:46:11
Subject: [Networker] Windows 2008 R2 ISCSI
From: "Bergmann, Chr. Carl" <chbe AT RISOE.DTU DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:44:54 +0100
I have some problem with poor performance when I backup Windows 2008 R2 ISCSI
filesystems.

When I backup the C:\ (local disk on server) I see 50-75Mb/sec.

When I backup E:\ (ISCSI EMC SAN partition) I see 500-1000Kb/sec

Anyone have an idea how to speed up ISCSI?

When I backup ISCSI partition on an older win2008 (not R2) I get very god
performance.

Clinet versions I have tried:

Nw75sp3_win_x64

Nw76sp1_win_x64

Chr. Carl Bergmann

System manager

IT Service Department

Risø DTU

http://www.dtu.dk/images/DTU_email_line_01.gif<http://www.dtu.dk/images/DTU_email_line_01.gif>

Technical University of Denmark

 dtu<http://www.dtu.dk/images/DTU_email_logo_01.gif>

Risø National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy

Frederiksborgvej 399, P.O. Box 49

Building 113

4000  Roskilde

Direct +45 4677 5550

chbe AT risoe.dtu DOT dk <mailto:chbe AT risoe.dtu DOT dk>

www.risoe.dtu.dk <http://www.risoe.dtu.dk/>