Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.6 + LDAP authentication

2011-01-21 06:58:53
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.6 + LDAP authentication
From: YSazonov <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 04:37:35 -0500
Hi everybody!

I have the problem with LDAP authentication in Networker 7.6., so would you
help me, please?
I made all configurations according Admin Guide and article from EMC knowledge
base: https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg105187

So, first I added this record in Networker Administrator --> User Groups -->
Administrators:

user=jsazonov, host=sirius
where jsazonov - is my LDAP account, sirius - host, where installed Networker

Then, I tryed to create new Authentication Authority:

Authority Name  - LDAP
Type  - LDAP-v3/Active Directory (default value)Provider Server Name  -
DNS_name_of_domen_controller.domain_name.com
Distinguished Name - CN=Proxy
LDAP,OU=Proxy,OU=Applications,DC=domain_name,DC=com
Password - *****
User Search Path - OU=IT,OU=Branches,DC=domain_name,DC=com
Group Search Path - OU=IT,OU=Branches,DC=domain_name,DC=com
Group Name Attribute - CN
LDAP Timeout(millisecond) - 30,000 (default value)
User ID Attribute - sAMAccountName
User Object Class - user
Group Object Class - group
Group Member Attribute - member
LDAP Debug Level - The value set can be one of the following:
Port Number - 389 (default value)

In next page in External Role field I entered my account in uppercase:
JSAZONOV. Pressing the <<Next>> button I have error message "External role is
invalid".
I tryed to enter my account name in different formats: jsazonov,
jsazonov@domain_name.com, domain_name/jsazonov in lowercase and uppercase  -
but it always failed .I always have error message "External role is invalid".