Networker

[Networker] best practice for networker changer

2011-01-09 13:01:16
Subject: [Networker] best practice for networker changer
From: vernon harris <vernonlharris AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 12:48:51 -0500
I'm new to networker and inherited an environment that consists of 2
networker storage
nodes and the networker server, all running solaris 10.  The changer is a
STK SL500
unit with 3 x LTO 3 drives.  (Fiber attached)  DDS is setup.

The current configuration has the changer defined to both storage nodes and
not the
server.  What is best practice for which server controls the changer.  In
previous
netbackup environments we normally controlled the changer from the server
only.  Is
it advisable to define the changer to multiple servers???  I'm consideration
changing
the changer configuration to be defined only to the networker server.
Comments???