Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovery status hangs up

2010-12-31 08:05:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovery status hangs up
From: "Macina, Conrad" <Conrad.Macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:05:39 -0500
Hi, Ronnie,

We're going to need a LOT more information before we can even begin
trying to help you. The only thing you've told us is that you're running
NMC on Win2k3 and a restore is hanging. What type of system are you
running NetWorker itself on? Is it the same physical system as NMC or a
different system? If it's a different system, what OS is NetWorker
running under? What version of NetWorker? Please describe the recovery
you're trying to do. It's not clear if you're trying to recover a client
or NMC itself. Please list the commands you're using to do the recovery
and what you see when the hang occurs.

A few general guidelines:

Read the sections of the NetWorker administrator manual that pertain to
what you're trying to do. The manual is available on Powerlink.

Make sure the client can ping the server and vice-versa.

Make sure DNS resolves forward and reverse for both client and server.

Make sure the tape you need for the restore is in the jukebox and isn't
being written at the time of the restore.

These are just shots in the dark. With more information someone on the
list may be able to help you.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.