Networker

Re: [Networker] L700 goes offline - never returns

2010-11-23 23:43:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] L700 goes offline - never returns
From: Mould Peter <Peter.Mould AT DERM.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:31:29 +1000
Hi Rachel,

When we did our upgrade from 7.4.1 to 7.6 we had the same type of error
were the tape library (SL500) would go offline and would not come back
without restarting networker, when we logged a call with EMC they said
it was a know issue and to go to 7.6.1

"NW113413 When the library loading door is opened to load and unload
tapes, NetWorker puts the library in offline
mode in the server must be rebooted to get the library back online"

Peter Mould
Systems Administrator, Data Centre and Storage Services

Information & Technology Management

Telephone: 07 33304210 Facsimile: 07 38963536

peter.mould AT derm.qld.gov DOT au

Department of Environment and Resource Management

Lev 7, Landcentre, Cnr Main and Vulture Sts, Woolloongabba, Qld 4102
GPO Box 2771 Brisbane QLD 4001