Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem changing browse time on expired/scanned tape

2010-11-03 15:19:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem changing browse time on expired/scanned tape
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 19:17:35 +0000
Hi Michael,

The scanner -i may have run relatively long time ago (some time in July or
August?). If that was more recently then it didn't produce the index entries
for that saveset/client because the browse time expired back in August.

If the saveset is not browsable you cannot change its browse time because
there is no *online* file index to modify

You need to recover the client file index using scanner or "nsrck -L7" for
the recoverable saveset .

Try:
  nsrck -L 7 -t  02/26/2010  mjrsfil002

If there are backups of the correspponding index, this command should recover
and bring them back online with a browse retention in the future.
( mminfo will show if there are backups of the index of that client, if not,
you will need to run "scanner -i" on the tape containing the saveset)

jee