Networker

Re: [Networker] Delay in savepnpc starting (after group start) --- ?

2010-10-29 14:42:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Delay in savepnpc starting (after group start) --- ?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:41:37 -0500
> Mathew Harvest
>
> Is there any chance you are running up against your server
> parallelism, and its just waiting for other jobs to finish before it
> can start the jobs from this savegroup?

That's always a possibilty, but I don't think it's true here. Upon further
examination, the entire group (not just savepnpc) hung between the time it
started and when the precmds ran. None of the other hosts in the group
backed up a byte until after 54 minutes had elapsed. There were not
"waiting on volume xxxxxx" messages for these hosts as you'd expect if
there was device contention, etc. Other backups came and went during this
period, so who knows.

It worked fine again last night.

Once again, who knows...  :-)

Thanks.