Networker

Re: [Networker] License problem

2010-10-20 17:33:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] License problem
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:32:36 -0500
Tomas,

If you aren't sure that the licenses have been freed up, you can run a
command that will show you every client that is tying up one of your
licenses.  That way you know for sure if the definition that you deleted
is tying up one of your licenses.  If it is, like Mathew said, you will
have to delete all client definitions for that client, noting all
relevant information (especially the client-id).   Once you know that
you have a free SAP license, you can add all of the non-SAP definitions
for that client back into the server.

nsrlic -vvv

(very verbose mode), and it will give you something similar to this.  I
don't' have SAP, but do use SQL, so this is what I see:

NetWorker Module for Microsoft SQL Server
                     Available: 27
                          Used: 24
                     Remaining: 3
             Connected Clients: servername, servername,
                                Servername, servername,
                                Servername, servername,
Servername, servername,
                                Servername, servername,
                                Servername27;

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk