Networker

Re: [Networker] Stage from tape to tape

2010-10-15 13:22:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Stage from tape to tape
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:20:13 -0400
George,

Think of nsrstage as an nsrclone/nsrmm -d pair.  That's really all that is
happening under the
covers.  If you watch with NMC, when an ssid is being staged (moved) from one
device to
another, it shows up in the listing as a "clone job".  Once the clone is
finished, then
NetWorker deletes the pointers to the data on the original media.

The stated purpose of this exercise was to reclaim the tapes that had some bit
of valid data
left on them, therefore, nsrstage seems to be the best use to copy the data to
another tape and
then mark the copy on the original tape as no longer needed.

Frank