Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] EMC NETWORKER directives

2010-10-11 09:23:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] EMC NETWORKER directives
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:21:34 -0400
Based on something Preston showed the list once, I try and use NULL:
instead of SKIP:. The difference being that SKIP: skips the file, and the
entry in the client file index, completely, whereas NULL: retains the
filename in the list of client file index, but doesn't actually backup the
file.

Which means that, with NULL:,  you can see that "movie.avi" exists, but
isn't backed up. But with SKIP: you don't get to even see "movie.avi", so
you can't yell at the users for using up space with silly AVI files
they've received in email, or whereever.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
10/11/2010 07:09:14 AM: