Networker

Re: [Networker] Full Backups Each Run

2010-10-04 17:12:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Full Backups Each Run
From: Mathew Harvest <Mathew.HARVEST AT COMMUNITIES.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:11:14 +1000
Hey Chester,

Does the savegroup completion report give any reason that the backup has been
promoted from an incremental to a full

Also in your client definition, under the save command do you specify something
like "save -c <virtual cluster name>" (this is normally the same name as the
client definition name) so in the media db and file indexes it registers the
backup against the virtual node and not the physical machine that the instance
is running on

Another reason that I have seen this happen is when your DNS is not 100%
correct, we have had cases where there are multiple forward and reverse entries
for the one IP address, and its caused similar behaviour, unfortunately there
were application reasons for this DNS oddness and I think I resolved it by
placing all of the entries under the clients alias field

Mat