Networker

[Networker] Retrieving depending SSID for given SSID

2010-09-30 04:37:48
Subject: [Networker] Retrieving depending SSID for given SSID
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 04:36:30 -0400
Be careful about old server versions and reporting a manual backup.

Example, from our environment (as of last year):

Server:  7.1.3  (Sol-8 sparc)
Client:  7.4.4  (Sol-10 Sparc)

A manual backup, seen from 7.4.4's mminfo, will report it as level "manual."

However, the server's mminfo will report the level as a null (blank) field.
This was fixed for us when we upgraded Server to 7.4.4 last Jan.

Most people will never encounter this, but I'm not sure how far back you're
taking support on the Reporter.

--TSK

=====
Tim Kimball