Networker

[Networker] Virtual tapes get stuck in virtual tape drives

2010-09-23 08:31:35
Subject: [Networker] Virtual tapes get stuck in virtual tape drives
From: rmumford <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:30:27 -0400
"The volumes he is relabelling are already recyclable, so NetWorker is
not going to be writing to these volumes anyway. I don't think you
suggestion is going to make any difference.

I am scratching my head about this one. I can't see why another backup
starting should affect a label operation. The only thing I can think of
is that perhaps some of the timers in the jukebox resource could be
tweaked, but I'm not convinced about that. Unless he's done something
silly like DDS on a DD. Maybe this is still the persistent naming issue
I mentioned in my earlier posting - that definitely needs fixing anyway."

not doing DDS, thanks.