Networker

Re: [Networker] (Strange) Index issue?

2010-09-13 05:16:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] (Strange) Index issue?
From: steven aldenkamp <steven.aldenkamp AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:16:13 +0200
Thanks for the info. Happy to hear that other people are also doing (or
trying) this.

I did a similar test setup in our VMware environment and there the
configuration works successfully with different client backups of the server
itself and all of the different savesets are browsable directly from the
NWuser program.

I am starting to wonder if the problem could be the result of the domainname
change of the server.

At the beginning it was BUSERVER in a workgroup. It could mount all of the
special drives for backup through an iSCSI lan.
A few weeks later the server was added to the domain and we needed to change
it in NetWorker as well.

Maybe something went wrong there.

Would it be better to start completely from scratch?
Delete everything from NetWorker and start with a fresh installation?

Or would this be a little bit to drastic?

Regards

Steven

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:56 PM, japgar
<networker-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>wrote:

> I think what you are seeing is the result of multiple client backups
> occurring on your backup server.  If you change your browse time to the time
> when the backup (the one you are looking for) finished, you'll probably see
> the entries you're looking for.  Make sure that you not only change the
> date, but also the time.
>
> We have multiple clients defined on our backup servers as well (we also
> mount copies of disks to our servers for backup purposes).  What I have
> found is that when you change the browse time, it will default to 23:59 of
> the date you enter.  If you have multiple backups running, the index that
> will appear/display will be for the last one that occurred prior to 23:59.
>  So, if you snapshot backup finishes and then another backup runs on your
> server (and finishes prior to 23:59) you will have to change both the date
> and time when you browse the client.
>
> hth,
> Jim
>

> > Hi again,
> >
> > first of all let me explain the config a little bit.
> >
> > A NW 7.6 Windows server with only the server a a client.
> >
> > By using savepnpc and FalconStor HyperTrac, we mount snapshot volumes to
> the
> > server and backup them using its mountpoint:
> >
> > ex. C:\HyperTrac\Mounts\CLIENT1\C_System (which then points to a certain
> > mounted drive)
> >
> > Then we use a server client with this as the saveset. The backup works
> fine
> > and right after the files are visible for restore as well.
> >

> > The problem is when several days pass and different server backups (NMC,
> > filesystem and also different mount backups) the index changes all of the
> time.
> >
> > I have been testing for almost a week now but I cannot change my browse
> time
> > to even yesterday or the day before. However when I check the index, the
> > savesets are all there.
> >
> > What am I missing here?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Steven

> |This was sent by japgar AT cablevision DOT com via Backup Central.

> type
> this
> list. You can access the archives at

Mvg