Networker

Re: [Networker] Question about firewall

2010-09-07 11:33:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question about firewall
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:31:49 -0400
Hi Matt;

Assuming your Solaris 10 nsrserverhost and storage nodes are on one side of the
firewall and
the client(s) are on the other (which is what I'm familiar with)... AND NEITHER
SIDE IS A DMZ!!!

I have our Network Services group set up the firewall to:

1) allow my nsrserverhost to initiate connections on tcp 7937-7940 and udp 7938
2) all traffic from the client is allowed to pass out through the firewall

Then, the real challenge is to get the administrators for the clients to run
nsrports to limit
the service ports to 7937-7940.  They have to run the command "nsrports -S
7939-7940"  (yes,
really, 7939 to get 7937.... since you are setting up v7.5, that will be
critical.

After nsrports is run, networker needs to be restarted on the client.

Frank