Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice needed on replacing server with new hardware *and* renaming, at the same time

2010-09-07 11:13:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice needed on replacing server with new hardware *and* renaming, at the same time
From: "Albert, Eddie" <eddie.albert AT BANKOFAMERICA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:02:00 -0400
Install the LTO3 tape drive to the OLD server while still using old
server name. backup critical data to tape, read in tape after you have
created the new server. I have received requests to restore data that
was 20 years old. Had to recreate a server including outdated software
to allow us to restore.

*** NOTE: I would call EMC prior to this and go through the required
steps to ensure you do this correctly.

Best of luck.

Semper fidelis, /ALE