Networker

[Networker] bootstrap to aftd device

2010-09-01 16:35:31
Subject: [Networker] bootstrap to aftd device
From: TXDRmgr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:33:25 -0400
Alex Alexiou wrote:
> Sorry for the late response on this. This would really work? What about
> all the licenses; we'd still need to refresh the license codes with EMC
> if we do this, correct?

We've been testing recovery of our Networker server at a remote site using this
method and it has worked perfectly. The best part is version 7.6 gives you 15
days to get the licenses in order.
We backup all bootstrap and indexes to an AFTD on a Data Domain appliance which
replicates to our remote site.
Our procedure at the remote site is to install Networker on a server with Java
installed (for NMC) and running DNS.
Then add the AFTD for the Data Domain at the remote site.
Then we run MMRECOV using the SSID for the latest bootstrap (we have a daily
bootstrap report in email and copied to Iron Mountain cusotmer website).
Finally, we have a script to clean up old devices.