Networker

Re: [Networker] Determining the order of a saveset across multiple volumes

2010-08-31 09:34:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Determining the order of a saveset across multiple volumes
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:32:34 -0400
>No index on the tape, so I can't do "nsrck -L7". Also, they were made
>on a different Networker server, and you can't read in a bootstrap
>tape made by a different server. All you can do is scan the tapes. I
>have a report that lists which tapes hold which saveset, but it does
>not show me the order.

As a clarification .. I have 2 restores to do, each of which spans multiples
tapes. One set is in my media DB, so I can look at the fragflags, but there is
no index on this tape. The other set of spans comes from my old backup server,
which had a different clientID than my current backup server. And you can't
"nsrck -L7" on a bootstrap from a backup server that has a different clientID.

THAT would be a change I'd like to request - being able to do a "nsrck -L7" on
a bootstrap tape from a "foreign" Networker server, and have it populate in my
media DB - giving the option to create a client, using the clientID found on
the tape, if no current client exists with that same clientID.