Networker

Re: [Networker] Virtual Edition Client Connection/1 Licensing Question

2010-08-20 16:26:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Virtual Edition Client Connection/1 Licensing Question
From: Anu Yamunan <anuyamunan AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:25:46 -0700
If you want to backup all the physical hosts and the VMs on the hosts, then you
would need 5 Virtual Edition licenses.

The reason why your backups work is because, even though the VMs moved from one
physical host to another, NetWorker does not change the physical host name
property on NMC (which is what it uses to figure out license consumption).

Anu

--- On Fri, 8/20/10, tcassid AT kimball DOT com <tcassid AT KIMBALL DOT COM>