Networker

[Networker] Can you run scanner for the same client multiple times simultaneously?

2010-08-18 10:41:36
Subject: [Networker] Can you run scanner for the same client multiple times simultaneously?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:40:38 -0400
I have a storage node with 2 tape drives - SDLT320 and SDLT600. And I have
a series of tapes (all SDLT320)  I need to run "scanner -i" on, all for
the same client (from tapes made at different time periods).

Is it possible to run "scanner -i -t sdlt320 -S xxxxx" for each tape
drive, at the same time? For example, scanning the 2008-03-31 tape in the
SDLT320 drive, while at the same time scanning the 2008-06-30 tape in the
SDLT600 drive? The individual savesets I need don't span tapes (according
to the mminfo I just ran, showing fragflags)

I think this should work, given these constraints. Am I right? It would
certainly cut down on my scanning time, if I can scan 2 tapes at once ...

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM