Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR 75SP3 : Stable for prod ?

2010-08-17 11:26:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR 75SP3 : Stable for prod ?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:25:45 -0500
> STANLEY R. HORWITZ
>
> What ulimit settings are you using and how many clients are you backing
up?

> Here's what I have …
>
> [root@puss nsr_scripts]# ulimit -a
> core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
> data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
> file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
> pending signals                 (-i) 1024
> max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
> max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
> open files                      (-n) 1024
> pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
> POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
> stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
> cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
> max user processes              (-u) 143360
> virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
> file locks                      (-x) unlimited

Your's looks like Solaris 10, but this is on 9 (SPARC):

# ulimit -a
core file size (blocks)     unlimited
data seg size (kbytes)      unlimited
file size (blocks)          unlimited
open files                  unlimited
pipe size (512 bytes)       10
stack size (kbytes)         8192
cpu time (seconds)          unlimited
max user processes          29995
virtual memory (kbytes)     unlimited

The two groups that were abending had 41 and 25 clients each (not huge)
and we have a little over 100 clients total. However, the old ulimit
settings (which I don't recall) were from the original Solaris 8
installation back in 2003 (Networker 6.1). So, they weren't exactly big.